ReTRIeVIA

:: trivia retrieved ::

Page 10

page10.jpg

With the increasing number of rickshaws plying the roads in Singapore, a separate department
was set up in 1899 to register and inspect the rickshaws. In 1903 the Jinrickshaw Station at
the junction of Neil Road and Tanjong Pagar Road was built to house this rickshaw registry
and inspection centre.

However, the activities that go on within the Jinrickshaw Station building nowadays are
very different from those for which it was built.

The building currently houses a restaurant and nightclub with the sign “the one LCD KTV”.

Advertisements

Written by victorkoo

26 February, 2008 at 10:00 am

Posted in Philatelic Book

Tagged with ,

%d bloggers like this: