ReTRIeVIA

:: trivia retrieved ::

Page 12

page_12

Armenian Church

Gazetted as a national monument in 1973.

The Armenian Church is the oldest church in Singapore. It was built by G. D. Coleman in 1835.

The tombstone of Miss Joaquim (1854-1899), after whom our national flower Vanda Miss Joaquim is named, is located in the Memorial Garden of the Armenian Church.

A short walk away from the Armenian Church are two other churches, the St. Andrew’s Cathedral and the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd.

Advertisements

Written by victorkoo

7 May, 2009 at 1:00 pm

%d bloggers like this: