:: trivia retrieved ::

Page 14


Chapel of Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus

Gazetted as a national monument in 1990.

The well-known Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus (CHIJ) School for girls was started by the Jesuit priest Father Beurel in 1854.

The chapel of the school was built in 1903, almost 50 years after the school started.

The convent buildings in Victoria Street now house the commercial complex known as CHIJMES.

Written by victorkoo

14 May, 2009 at 1:00 pm

%d bloggers like this: