ReTRIeVIA

:: trivia retrieved ::

Page 51

page_51

Plans to build the Fullerton Building were made since about 1920 but due to the lack of funds, construction did not commence till 1924.  The grand building was designed by the Shanghai-based firm of Keys & Dowdeswell and when it was completed, it was the largest building in Singapore.  The Fullerton Building was totally renovated and re-opened in 2001.  It stands on the site of one of Singapore’s earliest fortifications – Fort Fullerton – which stood at this site from 1829 to 1873.

Advertisements

Written by victorkoo

18 January, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Posted in Philatelic Book

Tagged with , ,

%d bloggers like this: